CBD…it’s all about delivery. How would you like to double the impact of your CBD?
If so, in this video I’ll help you understand how this simple hack can boost your CBD response
Hey everybody, I’m Dr. Barry…Now if you’re like most people, you’ve probably noticed that most CBD oil tinctures come with instructions to be administered (Sublingual CBD) sublingually, but what does this mean? And why do some brands suggest holding a tincture under the tongue for ten seconds while other brands instruct you to keep it there for more than a minute? Well, I’m going to clear up this confusion of the science of CBD once and for all based on my patient’s response as well as my own personal trials.
What Is Sublingual Ingestion?
The word sublingual is derived from the Latin term meaning “under the tongue” and is a method of administration for some substances including CBD oil tinctures. Sublingual ingestion involves holding a compound under the tongue for a specified time before swallowing. Here I am going to be focusing primarily on CBD oil tinctures.
How Does Sublingual Administration Work?
The primary absorption process of the CBD tincture oil is through the numerous tiny capillaries found under the tongue supplying the sublingual artery. This rich blood supply is only separated by a thin mucous membrane in the mouth allowing for rapid absorption.
When the CBD is held sublingually, prior to swallowing, it is absorbed directly into the bloodstream allowing for rapid absorption into the systemic circulation. The key factor here is the length of time the CBD is held in the mouth on a daily basis in order to maximize its absorption.
How Long Should the CBD Oil Be Left Under the Tongue?
You’ve probably found conflicting information about how long you need to leave the CBD under the tongue for it to be effective. I have tested different time frames of holding the CBD under the tongue and feel that maximum sublingual absorption may take up to 5 minutes. The maximum absorption or bioavailability rate for sublingual absorption, prior to swallowing, has been documented at 35%.
Once the maximum sublingual absorption point of the CBD has been reached through the sublingual artery, the contents should then be swallowed. This allows the remaining 65% of the CBD to have a second opportunity to be absorbed as it enters the gut to be further digested and metabolized by the liver before it can go to work in the body. This process is known as the first pass metabolism. Therefore, this allows the total absorbed amount of CBD to have a double impact upon the body. Not only does the body benefit from the absorption from the sublingual process of 35%, we can now add to it the digestive absorption rate of 10% creating an additional effect of CBD on the body totaling 45%.
Given the fact that taking a CBD oil sublingually provides the body with more CBD at a faster rate of absorption, I feel that the sublingual administration of CBD just makes sense and that’s why a sublingual CBD tincture is my delivery of choice.
To continue learning more about cannabinoids and the therapeutic properties they offer, or would like to learn what I recommend for my patients? Head on over to CBDPROONLINE.COM and visit our Education tab to view the many articles & videos that are posted for you. With CBD – NOW YOU CAN!
*This content is strictly the opinion of Dr. Barry Morrison and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to treat, cure, prevent, provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Barry nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle change program
Tags: google (organization), google, sublingual CBD, sublingual CBD absorption, CBD bioavailability, CBDPRO, CBD, Hemp, hemp CBD, cannabidiol, CBD vs THC, THC vs CBD, THC and CBD, CBD and THC, chronic pain, PTSD, CBD for Seizures, is CBD good for you, benefits of CBD, CBD education, CBD as medicine, medical marijuana, weed, vaping, pot, marijuana, CBD anti-anxiety, CBD anti-inflammatory, CBD chronic pain, CBD drug addiction, cannabinoid therapy, FDA, legal CBD, health, wellness, optimal health, Science